Kamon GPS

otaki castle

Tiles of the Otaki fortress (Chiba Prefecture) emblazoned with the Mitsu Ōgi. The three fans insignia was used by the Okouchi Matsudahira clan, the last lords of Otaki before the fall of the feudal regime at the end of the 19th century. the Mitsu Ōgi (Three Fans) mon Before the Okouchi Matsudahira, the castle was ruled by the powerful House Honda. General Honda Tadakatsu (1548-1610) was appointed by Tokugawa Ieyasu to the Otaki fortress in 1590 to control the Satomi, a rival clan. the Honda Tachi Aoi (House Honda standing wild ginger) Before the Honda, Otaki was under the control of the Masaki Clan (retainers of theRead More →